News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: First time wearing glasses  (Read 832 times)

pathos_ethos

• View Profile
First time wearing glasses
« on: January 28, 2020, 08:41:22 PM »
I got my first ever pair of glasses yesterday and i'm struggling to wonder if its making things better or worse since it feels kind of strange. It does make things clearer, I can see more details, and things are sharper.

However when I have the glasses on my eyes feel very strange. I'm finding it a little difficult to focus since everything seems so sharp and distinct. Is this normal?

Robthecloud

• View Profile
Re: First time wearing glasses
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »
I know what you mean, and Iíve gotten used it. Anecdotally, I find I get less dizzy if I sleep and then put the glasses on after I wake up.  I think it has to do with the focal point of the glasses at a different spot than your normal eyes.  Hopefully it gets better soon!

Eyegenius99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 09:41:04 PM »
I recently went to the eye doctor and they also introduced me to different frames and how that affects your vision. For example, the plastic framed lenses that sit directly on your nose are supposed to make the actual lens sit at a closer distance to your eye so that it is less ďdizzyingĒ, as compared to frames with nose pads that sit farther down your nose. Wide lenses may also have something to do with the dizzying effects ... So I opted to go with a plastic frame where it sits directly on top of my bridge and has easier access to a larger lens area.

lyschen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
I've also heard that where the glasses sit on the nose bridge can affect things. I'm asian and when I used to wear glasses they would always slip down my nose bridge since it's flatter, it was so frustrating. It wasn't until I discovered companies that actually make eyewear specifically for this problem that it was a gamechanger (ex: https://www.bustle.com/p/these-two-asian-women-started-eyewear-company-after-being-fed-up-with-glasses-that-didnt-fit-their-faces-7633922). Dunno if you're asian but something to consider!

frenchie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »

Quick question, does anyone know what this is? My new glasses had this after i picked them up yesterday  :-\

Warrior13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 10:57:30 PM »
Anti-reflective coating?

Jonaschen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:04:19 AM »
Oil? A stain? Or a protective peel you have to peel off? I canít tell. Go back to the store and get it fixed. Probably canít see through that without thinking itís annoying haha